Wednesday, February 24, 2016

February 18-23

OK, so I promise I actually did do these day of, I just didn't quite get to blogging them. And suddenly it's a week late. Here goes:

February 19: I gave up feeling frustrated with Olivia on her first day of gymnastics class for not wanting to follow along with the class and participate. I was surprised how quickly I thought of only myself and how it made me look that she was behaving that way. She's just a little kid! I realized afterward that she had not eaten anything since about 6:30 that morning and reminded myself that she had woken up much earlier than usual. Poor kid. I dealt with a lot of mommy guilt on Saturday. I tried to give it up to God.

February 20: I gave up feeling bummed that I had to go into my classroom, because it ended up being really worth it. I am still feeling the effects of how much that helped me this week.

February 21: I tried to give up weighing in and having gained 1/2 of a pound after 4 weeks of losing a pound or more each. Including Superbowl week. Including one week where I think all I ate all week was cookies. Yet this past week when I ate next to nothing for 2 days while being sick, I gained 1/2 a pound. Long term? Not worth the disappointment. I gave it up to God and moved on. I tried, anyway.

February 22: I gave up not even getting to the store until after 6pm, and getting home at 6:50. Which meant Olivia's "dinner" was applesauce and nilla wafers at the store, and milk and carrots and a banana in her PJ's 10 minutes after bedtime. I try really hard to give her good structure and sit at the table and build a healthy relationship with food for her (and work on that same thing for me). Last night I failed at that. I also had to give up a great deal of anger I had toward our dog who seems to be determined not to every be fully housebroken. I needed a lot of help from God yesterday.

February 23: Today, I give up the anxiety I feel about the dentist. As in, I give up today's anxiety... baby steps, right? I had Step 1 of what is apparently a 2 step root canal. Because once just isn't enough! See, some of that anxiety is still holding on strong despite my concentrated efforts to give it up today. I'm giving it up to God. I'm saying a prayer (or 5).


No comments:

Post a Comment